Universal Robots (UR) Core Training
Programme Title: Universal Robots (UR) Core Training
Duration (min): 2.5 days
Duration (max): 5 days
The Universal Robots Operator Core Training gives the learner the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of a real cobot and learn the basic skills for programming. The learner will learn how to program various applications in training cells under realistic conditions. Core Training focuses on the programming of the cobot and does not primarily focus on the operation and handing of the robot.
This course is suitable for those who wish to learn how to program a robot in a practical way and implement the applications that are used the most.
You’ll learn how to:
- Safely program the robot in its basic functions
- Create and optimise programs for a wide variety of typical applications like pick-and-place, palletising, polishing or dosing
- Connect peripheral devises such as sensors, grippers or conveyor belts to the robot and control and query them from the robot program
- Integrate logics into the robot program
- Correctly configure the safety settings of the robot
- Use the tools and online resources that are available to you when programming applications
No programming experience is required prior to undertake this course.
Provide the learner with a deeper understanding on the programming of a cobot.
Module 1: Pick-And-Place
This module demonstrates how to implement a pick-and-place application on a real robot and real equipment.
- Move the robot using the “move” tab
- Apply the skills acquired to a real robot
Module 2: Safety Settings
This module demonstrates how to apply safety functions available on the robot to an existing pick-and-place allocation in order to minimise the risk of collisions in the work area.
- Correct use and configuration of the available safety functions
Module 3: Optimising a Pick-And-Place Application
This module demonstrates now to optimise waypoints, program structures and cycle times.
- Use the correct types of movement
- Understanding of and use of blend radii
- Configure speed and acceleration for movements and individual waypoints
- Creation of a clear program structure
Module 4: Program Autostart
This module demonstrates how to configure a robot to initialise automatically or via defined inputs when it is switched on.
- Configure a standard program that is automatically loaded and started when the robot is switched on
Module 5: Program Sequence
This module demonstrates how to integrate quality control into an application.
- Use and configure the if/else commend
- Create and use variables
- Insert and call up programs
Module 6: Palletisating
This module demonstrates how to add a pallet to an application in order to be able to store the finished, packaged workpieces using the integrated Palletising Assistant.
- Use and configure the palletising assistant
Module 7: Force Function
This module demonstrates how to configure the Force Assistance and read out the data from the force torque sensor.
- Insert and use threads
- Configuration of the Force Assistant
- Read out and use the data from the integrated force torque sensor
Module 8: Process Application with Operator Selection
This module simulates applying glue to three different parts.
- Configuration of TCP, orientation and payload using the available assistants
- Use of loops and switch/case commands
- Assignment of a variable value by the user
Module 9: Flexible Reconfiguration
This module demonstrates programming relative to a coordinate system (simulated applying of glue in different positions without the need to programme from scratch each time)
- Creation of a coordinate system (level)
- Programming relative to a coordinate system
Module 10: Implementation Plan
This module demonstrates how an implementation plan services as an aid or guideline for the implementation of applications.
- Use of a structured method (18 steps) to identify and evaluate the complexity of the automation options with the cobot
Module 11: Online Resources
This module demonstrates how to use the support website and access important information.
- Fee software updates, user manuals, service manuals and script manuals
- CAD data from the robot, teach pendant and controller
- Free offline simulator
- Digital documentation
- Help articles on various topics