Universal Robots (UR) Interface Training
Programme Title: Universal Robots (UR) Interface Training
Duration (min): 2 days
Duration (max): 5 days
The Universal Robots Interface Training gives the learner the opportunity to learn how to communicate with and remotely control the cobot in real time.
You’ll learn how to:
- Basics of programming in Python
- Basics of programming in URScript
- Ethernet socket communication
- Client interfaces (port 30001-30003)
- Real time data exchange (RTDE)
- XML-RPC communication
The learner must have successful completion of the Universal Robots (UR) Core and Advanced Training, along with experience in programming in Python.
To learn how to remotely control a robot in real time.
Module 1: URScript
This module recaps on the basics taught on the UR Advanced Training Course.
- Development of user-defined functions
- Use of a function or a script together with robot commands
Module 2: Socket Communication
This module demonstrates how to use a program to test a socket connection.
- Establish socket connections between the robot and external devices
- Use the robot program to accept and change input from a server
- Send and receive several types of variables
Module 3: Client Interfaces (port 30001-30003)
This module demonstrates how to use the script manual to find out which script commands are required for the tasks and how to test them.
- Use the robot as a server
- Control of the robot using URScript
Module 4: Programming
This module demonstrates the connection between the robot interfaces and a server or client application.
- Familiarisation with some basic Python syntax
- Use of Python to generate various results
Module 5: Real Time Data Exchange
This module demonstrates the options offered by the RTDE interface and how to use them.
- Run the RTDE example
- Change an existing script
Module 6: XML/RPC
This module demonstrates how to utilise the benefits of XML/RPC.
- Run the XML/RPC example
- Change the existing script
- Add functions to a program